Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Photoshop Success!

I've been trying to make a watermark for my photos. I had someone send me a photo of a garment she wanted duplicated with some major modifications. I later realized what site that pic had come from. It got me thinking that lots of people never think about copyrighted stuff, and I don't want my designs being copied (neither does anyone else). . . So I intend to start marking my designs.



Here's my photo with the watermark. I don't know that I can explain this well enough for you to duplicate. Google define brush 6.0 (or whatever photoshop program you're running). I finally figured out that in 6.0 you can't have a custom brush larger than 999 pixels. Whew. That only took me 2 days to figure out!

Basically - the short version is you create a photoshop file of whatever you want the brush to be (smaller than 999 x 999). Go Edit to Define Brush, name it and you're done. That sounds overly simple but it was really easy - once I figured out the size bit!

Here are a few links I used to help me Bitbox DaniDraws Also search online for free brushes - but remember that thing I said about copywrights - don't claim them for your own if they're not and don't try to sell what isn't yours.

1 comment: