Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Photoshop fun

I get all kinds of odd offers for magazines.  I subscribe to a few free ones that I love, but really don't make much sense in my life as a stay at home mom.  Yesterday I got a free digital one on Photoshop.  I run a really old version of Photoshop.  I mean REALLY old.  What I'm learning is the new one does what mine does, but I think mine is not as user friendly.


So I'm sitting here tonight, reading this magazine on my desktop.  I don't own a Kindle, an iPad or even a laptop.  (sigh)  But since I was on this computer I was able to try out a few of the tutorials that are in the magazine.


I just learned how to make my photos black & white.  And even better, b&w with just a hint of a color!  Check this out...


 original color                                                hint of pink                                             true b&w




Maybe now that I can do this, I can work on getting my pics to show up where I want them to on the blog!  Here's the link to the magazine, if it lets you open it.  I'm not sure.



 Now, back to sewing.  I am ALMOST done with the last of the slip covers.  Soooo close.  But my kids won't let me work.  Grrrrr.  And I had someone ask me today about private sewing lessons - I'd love to do them for you!  $20 per one hour lesson, or $15 per lesson if you sign up for 4 lessons or more.  Let me know!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment