Monday, May 19, 2008

Post partum Depression & Anxiety

I've been thinking about PPD/A a lot again recently. I mainly wonder when I'll be "over it." I'm amazed at the difference in how much better I feel, and how I'm more like myself. I'm grateful to all the support my husband has given me. I wanted to share a few links with everyone reading.

PPD/A affects 2 out of 10 women

It is the number 1 complication of pregnancy/childbirth

It can affect moms, dads & adoptive parents

It can hit you before, during or after pregnancy. You may have had a miscarriage or a still birth.

Out of the Valley

Post Partum Progress

Speak Up when You're Down

PPD/A does not always show up as the mom who's in bed with her covers pulled up over her head & messy hair. No one knew I needed help - I always had my hair done, my make up on, my girls dressed in coordinating outfits. Its important for friends & family of pregnant women to be on the look out for PPD/A. . . its not always what you think it is.

2 comments:

  1. Pregnancy is one of the most important phases of a woman's life and unfortunately sometimes in this phase a woman gets caught in the web of depression. Though depression during pregnancy is not uncommon, it can be dangerous for both the mother and the unborn baby. http://www.xanax-effects.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anxiety disorder is considered to be one of the worst mental conditions that affect human beings by making them prone to baseless and groundless worries but with the arrival of anti-anxiety medications like xanax in the pharmaceutical market, successful treatment of anxiety related disorders has become an instant possibility. But, instead of straightway moving ahead to use Xanax and other medicines to treat anxiety such as Buspar and Tenormin, you can log in to http://www.pill-care.com and get hold of fundamental tidbits on these medicines first.

    ReplyDelete