Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Play therapy

Ava & I now spend 4 days a week at Children's Village.  I'm so glad its here in town!  What would we do if  we had to drive to Seattle?  Yikes!


I've joined the "Holland" group - its support for moms of Special Needs children.  I never thought I'd be one of these moms.  http://childrensvillage.memfound.org/holland  Its still a bit hard to get used to sometimes.  Ava looks so typical.  You'd never know she might have Autism.

Here are a few pictures of what goes on in Occupational Therapy.





This is a great little board on a lazy susan.  It just spins round & round.


The sensory bin was filled with scented cotton puffs.





The only bad part about OT is leaving.  Transitions are hard for Ava, but this is super fun...I don't want to leave either.  I can't blame her.  Tomorrow, we'll practice leaving - before we even get started.  Wish us luck...and PRAY!  We'll need all the help we can get.





Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Best wishes on the new transition. I'm sure it will take time, patience and love; all of which you are filled with, amazing lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa! I saw your post on WAHM and followed your blog. I love it. I'm sure you're bombarded with consultants pitching their businesses to you but wanted to let you know I sell 100% natural/non toxic products and if you'd like to hear more or sample the products: feel free to email me janettestoll@yahoo.com. I hope you find something that's just right for you :).

    Janette

    ReplyDelete