Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Skirts, jeans & aprons!

What have you been up to this summer? We have a new baby on the way at our house...and I'm exhausted! I've fallen behind on blogging & on sewing...But I have such good plans!
For instance...I wear the same skirt nearly every day. Its just so comfortable. I love wearing it more than shorts. I'd like to make a similar one out of a nylon material...like the stuff hiking pants are made of. Columbia always has great looking ones, but I know I can do it for less than the $40 they try to charge me in a store!


I should be able to do it no problem...its whether or not I really want to that is the question!

With the last baby (who's now 3 1/2) I made maternity jeans...they're fabulous! I took a pair of regular jeans & cut off the waist, added elastic & there you go!



This is the only photo I can find right now...that bit of paisley is the fabric I covered the elastic in. Its part of the jeans! However...here's the tutorial I based mine off of! Mine are not a full coverage, but the idea is the same. http://patchworkprincess.blogspot.com/2006/02/how-to-tuesday-maternity-jeans.html




And here's the latest apron I finished! Be sure to come find me on Facebook...I update there much more often than I do the blog! BumbleBaby Mommy

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment